Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Products of 2011









So here is a list of the top products I used in 2011. Some of them, I stopped using at the end of the year and used new products but for the majority of the year, I used them.


Tarte's Blush in Exposed

-Jumped on the bandwagon and love it as a bronzer and blush. Gives the most natural color to your face.


Benefit Hoola
-Used it mostly for summer. Awesome for contouring.


Missha BB Cream, Skin 79 Super BB Cream

-Loved the coverage and feel. This was a no-brainer for the morning for me. I just had to apply with my fingers and I was good to go. I didn't have to worry about blending. Not too sure about the anti-aging and brightening properties but I didn't break out from either one. Both I felt were the same, although Skin 79 does have better packaging.


Clairisonic Mia

-I started using this in the latter half of the year. I love it. I've noticed less breakouts and my skin feels clearer. I bought this when it was packaged with a skincare bundle. So it was well worth it.


Walmart brand HD blush brush

-I had been using a Sonia Kashuk blush brush in the early part of last year but once I got this brush, I didn't go back. I love how soft it is and the size and angle is perfect for apply blush.


The Body Shop All-in-one Face Base Powder Foundation

-I love to use this to set my makeup, especially if I only used tinted moisturizer or my BB cream.

It never looks cakey and gives me extra coverage. And I love that it hasn't broken me out.


EcoTools Bronzer Brush

-I love using this to put my powder on. It's so soft and dense.


Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer

-I use this concealer practically every day. I love the green and salmon tinted concealer and you can tell that I barely use the other two. If only they made those two concealers separately! Coverage is awesome and the green really neutralizes the red acne marks.


Benefit Creaseless Cream in Lana

-This was an awesome primer and I loved to use it as a quick all over color to neutralize any darkness on my lids. This is kind of similar in color to Urban Decay's Eden. This is one of the products I stopped using because I skipped eyeshadow all together and only did liner and mascara for a long time. Now it's all dried out. :(


Urban Decay Naked

-I had a palette of neutral eyeshadows before but when Naked came along, I was in love. The colors were pigmented and it was so easy to make color combinations. I love Buck, Virgin, and Darkhorse. To think of it, I don't think I have touched my other neutral palette in months.


Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara

-I love this mascara. At one point of the year, I started losing a lot of eyelashes. I stopped wearing mascara and it helped a lot but when I needed mascara, I came to this one. I felt it was nourishing for my eyelashes and it never smudged. This one will always be in my makeup arsenal.


Philosophy Purity Made Simple

-This cleanser definitely gets all the makeup off. I just don't like the scent and I don't think it does anything to help my acne prone skin. I usually switch this one with Makeup Choice's Alpha Beta Hydroxy face wash and The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil Face Wash.


L'oreal Lineur Intense in Earth Brown

-I loved this eyeliner earlier this year. I did switch to Physician's Formula's Eye Booster which I like but now that it has a fray in the felt tip, I went back to this one and love it again. I like the dark brown color which makes it look more natural.


I had a lot of other makeup products that I loved this year but I didn't have a chance to use them as often as the items above. This year, I want to start using different items and experienting more with color and lipstick. It's just kind of hard with going to work everyday where it is casual wear and then on the weekends, just staying home.
























No comments:

Post a Comment